Sunday, February 11, 2007

But I don't wanna!

I don't really want to go to work tomorrow.

Why do weekends sometimes seem so short? I'm thankful that I have a good job that I enjoy and that I have regular hours, which includes usually a long weekend once a month. This coming weekend is, you guessed it, a long weekend. Oh I cannot wait for that extra day of recharge time...

A random thought came to my mind today: Tomorrow marks the 8-year 'anniversary' of Miz's death. For those of you who don't know, Miz was one of my dormmoms in high school; her life was largely influential in my decision to give my life to Jesus. She was a neat person - you woulda liked her. She called me Yello. Hm. She died during my last year of high school, with a smile on her face. It's true. I saw it.

Which means that on Saturday I will have been a Christian for 8 years. Time sure flies.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow. Were you there with her when she passed away? That's such a sad, but amazing experience. I was there with my grandpa. He died after telling us that he saw 'something' in the corner of the ceiling. My aunt said the same thing just before she passed, as if an angel was waiting to take them.